HMDB0000045 (Adenosine monophosphate) HMDB0000082 (Cytidine triphosphate) HMDB0000095 (Cytidine monophosphate) HMDB0000161 (L-Alanine) HMDB0000162 (L-Proline) HMDB0000167 (L-Threonine) HMDB0000168 (L-Asparagine) HMDB0000172 (L-Isoleucine) HMDB0000177 (L-Histidine) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate)
- HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate)
- Azithromycin Action Pathway
- similar in structure to erythromycin, azithromycin reaches higher intracellular concentrations than erythromycin, increasing its efficacy and duration of action. azithromycin binds to the 50s subunit of the 70s bacterial ribosomes, and therefore inhibits rna-dependent protein synthesis in bacterial cells.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Azithromycin Action Pathway'