HMDB0000062 (L-Carnitine) HMDB0000201 (L-Acetylcarnitine) HMDB0000482 (Caprylic acid) HMDB0000511 (Capric acid) HMDB0000535 (Caproic acid) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0000638 (Dodecanoic acid) HMDB0001206 (Acetyl-CoA) HMDB0001341 (ADP)
- HMDB0001521 (Tetradecanoyl-CoA)
- Beta Oxidation of Very Long Chain Fatty Acids
- in mammals, beta-oxidation occurs in both mitochondria and peroxisomes, whereas plants and most fungi harbor the beta-oxidation cycle only in the peroxisomes. in humans, fatty acid oxidation occurs in peroxisomes when the fatty acid chains are too long to be handled by the mitochondria.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Beta Oxidation of Very Long Chain Fatty Acids'