HMDB0000588 (Sodium) HMDB0001248 (FAD) HMDB0001429 (Phosphate) HMDB0002111 (Water) HMDB0014515 (Meprobamate) HMDB0014684 (Fluorouracil) HMDB0015233 (Capecitabine) HMDB0060393 (5-Deoxyribose-1-phosphate) HMDB0060406 (5'-Deoxy-5-fluorouridine)
- HMDB0014684 (Fluorouracil)
- Capecitabine Metabolism Pathway
- after absorption, it is metabolized in the liver to the intermediate 5’-deoxy-5-fluorouridine, which is subsequently converted into 5-fluorouracil (5-fu) by intracellular thymidine phosphorylase. 5-fu exerts cytotoxic effects on the cell by direct incorporation into dna and rna as well as by inhibiting thymidylate synthase.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Capecitabine Metabolism Pathway'