HMDB0000051 (Ammonia) HMDB0000073 (Dopamine) HMDB0000087 (Dimethylamine) HMDB0000164 (Methylamine) HMDB0000216 (Norepinephrine) HMDB0000259 (Serotonin) HMDB0000464 (Calcium) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000586 (Potassium) HMDB0000588 (Sodium)
- HMDB0014021 (N-Desmethylcitalopram)
- Citalopram Action Pathway
- it does so by competing for the same binding site as serotonin on the the sodium-dependent serotonin transporter (slc6a4). this increases the concentrations of serotonin in the synaptic cleft and reverses the state of low concentration seen in depression.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Citalopram Action Pathway'