HMDB0000036 (Taurocholic acid) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000123 (Glycine) HMDB0000138 (Glycocholic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000251 (Taurine) HMDB0000359 (3alpha,7alpha-Dihydroxycoprostanic acid)
- HMDB0003533 (3a,7a,12a-Trihydroxy-5b-cholestan-26-al)
- Congenital Bile Acid Synthesis Defect Type III
- the synthesis of primary bile acids from cholesterol occurs via two pathways: the classic neutral pathway involving cholesterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase (cyp7a1), and the acidic pathway involving a distinct microsomal oxysterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase (cyp7b1). cbasiii is characterized by accumulation of bile acids in the urine.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Congenital Bile Acid Synthesis Defect Type III'