HMDB0000015 (Cortexolone) HMDB0000016 (Deoxycorticosterone) HMDB0000037 (Aldosterone) HMDB0000063 (Cortisol) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000253 (Pregnenolone) HMDB0000268 (Tetrahydrocorticosterone) HMDB0000319 (18-Hydroxycorticosterone)
- HMDB0000903 (Tetrahydrocortisone)
- Congenital Lipoid Adrenal Hyperplasia (CLAH) or Lipoid CAH
- cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme convertes cholesterol to pregnenolone in adrenal cortisol synthesis of all steroid hormones. a defect in this enzyme results in in impaired synthesis of all three categories of adrenal steroids (cortisol, mineralocorticoids, sex steroids) and high levels of adrenocorticotropic hormone (acth).
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Congenital Lipoid Adrenal Hyperplasia (CLAH) or Lipoid CAH'