HMDB0000058 (Cyclic AMP) HMDB0000063 (Cortisol) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0001201 (Guanosine diphosphate) HMDB0001273 (Guanosine triphosphate)
- HMDB0001201 (Guanosine diphosphate)
- Corticotropin Activation of Cortisol Production
- it is produced from the cleavage of pre-pro-opiomelanocortin by various endopeptidases, along with other physiologically active peptide fragments such as β-lipotropin, γ-lipotropin, melanocyte stimulating hormone (msh) and β-endorphin. it is an important component of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and is often produced in response to biological stress.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Corticotropin Activation of Cortisol Production'