HMDB0000032 (7-Dehydrocholesterol) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000142 (Formic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000227 (Mevalonic acid) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000256 (Squalene) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate)
- HMDB0002027 (8-Dehydrocholesterol)
- Ibandronate Action Pathway
- nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates (such as pamidronate, alendronate, risedronate, ibandronate and zoledronate) appear to act as analogues of isoprenoid diphosphate lipids, thereby inhibiting farnesyl pyrophosphate (fpp) synthase, an enzyme in the mevalonate pathway of cholesterol biosynthesis. inhibition of this enzyme in osteoclasts prevents the biosynthesis of isoprenoid lipids (fpp and ggpp) that are essential for the post-translational farnesylation and geranylgeranylation of small gtpase signaling proteins.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Ibandronate Action Pathway'