HMDB0000044 (Ascorbic acid) HMDB0000208 (Oxoglutaric acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000254 (Succinic acid) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0000795 (Pristanic acid) HMDB0000801 (Phytanic acid)
- HMDB0000254 (Succinic acid)
- Phytanic Acid Peroxisomal Oxidation
- phytanic acid, a branched chain fatty acid, is an important component of fatty acid intake, occuring in meat, fish and dairy products. due to its methylation, it cannot be a substrate for acyl-coa dehydrogenase and cannot enter the mitochondrial beta oxidation pathway.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Phytanic Acid Peroxisomal Oxidation'