HMDB0000125 (Glutathione) HMDB0000243 (Pyruvic acid) HMDB0001066 (S-Lactoylglutathione) HMDB0001167 (Pyruvaldehyde) HMDB0001248 (FAD) HMDB0001303 (Zinc (II) ion) HMDB0001311 (D-Lactic acid) HMDB0001362 (Hydrogen) HMDB0002111 (Water) HMDB0059597 (Hydrogen Ion)
- HMDB0000243 (Pyruvic acid)
- Pyruvaldehyde Degradation
- pyruvaldehyde is formed in low concentrations by glycolysis, fatty acid metabolism and protein metabolism. pyruvaldehyde is catalyzed by the glyoxylase system, composed of the enzymes lactoylglutathione lyase (glyoxalase i) and glyoxylase ii.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Pyruvaldehyde Degradation'