HMDB0000032 (7-Dehydrocholesterol) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000142 (Formic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000227 (Mevalonic acid) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000256 (Squalene) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate)
- HMDB0000227 (Mevalonic acid)
- Rosuvastatin Action Pathway
- hmg-coa reductase is the enzyme responsible for the conversion of hmg-coa to mevalonic acid, the rate-limiting step of cholesterol synthesis by this pathway. the active form of statins bears a chemical resemblance to the reduced hmg-coa reaction intermediate that is formed during catalysis.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Rosuvastatin Action Pathway'