HMDB0000214 (Ornithine) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0000586 (Potassium) HMDB0000696 (L-Methionine) HMDB0000988 (S-Adenosylmethioninamine) HMDB0001167 (Pyruvaldehyde) HMDB0001173 (5'-Methylthioadenosine) HMDB0001185 (S-Adenosylmethionine)
- HMDB0000696 (L-Methionine)
- Spermidine and Spermine Biosynthesis
- spermidine and spermine are produced in many tissues, as they are involved in the regulation of genetic processes from dna synthesis to cell migration, proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis. these positiviely charged amines interact with negatively charged phosphates in nucleic acids to exert their regulatory effects on cellular processes.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Spermidine and Spermine Biosynthesis'