HMDB0000005 (2-Ketobutyric acid) HMDB0000030 (Biotin) HMDB0000051 (Ammonia) HMDB0000167 (L-Threonine) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000595 (Hydrogen carbonate) HMDB0000902 (NAD) HMDB0001022 (Succinyl-CoA) HMDB0001248 (FAD) HMDB0001275 (Propionyl-CoA)
- HMDB0002310 (S-Methylmalonyl-CoA)
- Threonine and 2-Oxobutanoate Degradation
- in humans, threonine is converted to 2-oxobutanoate via serine dehydratase, and thereby enters the pathway leading to succinyl-coa. this is the major route for threonine degradation in humans.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Threonine and 2-Oxobutanoate Degradation'