HMDB0000019 (alpha-Ketoisovaleric acid) HMDB0000023 ((S)-3-Hydroxyisobutyric acid) HMDB0000030 (Biotin) HMDB0000060 (Acetoacetic acid) HMDB0000148 (L-Glutamic acid) HMDB0000172 (L-Isoleucine) HMDB0000202 (Methylmalonic acid) HMDB0000208 (Oxoglutaric acid) HMDB0000254 (Succinic acid) HMDB0000491 (3-Methyl-2-oxovaleric acid)
- HMDB0001052 ((S)-3-Hydroxyisobutyryl-CoA)
- Valine, Leucine and Isoleucine Degradation
- because this arrangement of carbon atoms cannot be made by humans, these amino acids must be obtained from the diet. the catabolism of all three amino acids starts in muscle and yields nadh and fadh2 which can be utilized for atp generation.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Valine, Leucine and Isoleucine Degradation'