HMDB0000045 (Adenosine monophosphate) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0015078 (Zalcitabine) HMDB0061726 (Dideoxycytidine 5'-Triphosphate)
- HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate)
- Zalcitabine Action Pathway
- within cells, zalcitabine is converted to its active metabolite, dideoxycytidine 5'-triphosphate (ddctp), by the sequential action of cellular enzymes. ddctp interferes with viral rna-directed dna polymerase (reverse transcriptase) by competing for utilization of the natural substrate deoxycytidine 5'-triphosphate (dctp), as well as incorpating into viral dna.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Zalcitabine Action Pathway'